Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Making faces by Kevyn Aucoin

I read about this book a while ago on "EmeraldC83" 's blog and it looked very interesting so I decided to check it out.  The book is AMAZING, I got it from the library but I am definately going to buy a copy of my own.  It breaks down EVERYTHING for you.  There are different pages for all different parts of the face, how to contour, and different looks that Kevyn has done and it explains it in very simplistic terms on how to achieve the look. 




I recreated the "bombshell" Marilyn Monroe look ....






I love red lipstick but I am always so shy/timid to wear it out in public... Im gonna have to get over my fear though because I love the way that this look came out
I used the 88 warm palette on the eyes using a medium brown shade in the crease and a frosty white on the lid then I lined the tops of my eyes with a liquid liner, for the red lips I outlined my lips with a neutral/natural lipliner and then I used MACs amplified lipstick in "Dubonnet" - the book takes you step by step on how to create all the different looks this was so easy to recreate ... this book is definately worth investing in

No comments:

Post a Comment